Thursday, May 28, 2015

2-16-15

See quote of "Rev'rently and Meekly Now" at bottom of letter

I was reading this hymn the other day during personal study and I love how it is written as if Christ himself were speaking it. So much love and care for us. This week was great! It was a little bit warmer and felt pretty nice the last couple of days. All those summer feels and smells are starting to flood back into our heads. I am super excited. Elder Killpack on the other hand prefers winter. Speaking of him, we will stay together for another transfer! This lasts weeks transfer call was outrageous!!! haha Our companionship and one other in our zone stayed the same and then everyone else split. Not to mention that one of the districts in our zone got moved to a different zone and our current district here in Sang Gae got split into two six man districts. My house is now my district. No sisters!!!:) haha Thats kind of fun! Should be an interesting transfer, but fun!!!:)  We found a really cool family this week to teach. Except the mom is opposing the church and the Dad leaves to Dae Jeon for work soon. But the boy is very interested and pretty sincere. Our only problem right now is his mom. He came to church secretly yesterday (obviously not the best). So we are praying and wondering how we can help them the most. We met her once and she seemed nice, but from what our investigator tells us, she really does not like our church. He said he couldn't take a Book of Mormon home or else he would have to hide it. So sad. We are working there. But the cool thing about that was that we were praying for someone to find, someone to come to church this week and he came! Interesting to see how the Lord answered our prayers. This week I was trying to notice the smaller miracles more and write them down and what not. We had a lot of cool things where members showed up and were able to give us rides home or to our next appointment when time was crunched. The Young Women gave me chocolate on Sunday which made me feel like I could actually celebrate Valentines Day the Hobson way even though I wasn't home. Just lots of fun cool little things like that. I got to go up to the military base this week and do a baptismal interview for a soldier up there. So prepared and such a good kid! Loved it! It is really fun up there! Lot's of African people and they are all so nice!!!:) haha Anyways, good week! The church is true and the Lord's work is real. It. All. Makes. Sense. Love and miss you all! Pray always!

-Elder Hobson

Song
  1. 1. Rev'rently and meekly now,
    Let thy head most humbly bow.
    Think of me, thou ransomed one;
    Think what I for thee have done.
    With my blood that dripped like rain,
    Sweat in agony of pain,
    With my body on the tree
    I have ransomed even thee.
  2. 2. In this bread now blest for thee,
    Emblem of my body see;
    In this water or this wine,
    Emblem of my blood divine.
    Oh, remember what was done
    That the sinner might be won.
    On the cross of Calvary
    I have suffered death for thee.
  3. 3. Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
    With thy brethren be at peace.
    Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
    E'en forgiven now by me.
    In the solemn faith of prayer
    Cast upon me all thy care,
    And my Spirit's grace shall be
    Like a fountain unto thee.
  4. 4. At the throne I intercede;
    For thee ever do I plead.
    I have loved thee as thy friend,
    With a love that cannot end.
    Be obedient, I implore,
    Prayerful, watchful evermore,
    And be constant unto me,
    That thy Savior I may be.
  5. Text: Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942
    Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906

No comments:

Post a Comment