Sunday, February 8, 2015

11-10-14


Hello!

Quote: "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." D and C 64:33  (I shared this with my district yesterday:)


This week, as always, has been great! Not a ton happened, but it still went by super fast. I guess that is what happens when you just truck through one day at a time! Our investigator is still doing pretty well. He took us out to lunch this week. Normally when we eat with him we eat and then teach him a little bit, but this week he kinda just bounced afterwards, so that was a little lame... but we will meet him again probably tomorrow night. He has been a little over a month now without alcohol and he is beginning to stop smoking! Such a great guy! Other than that, not much this week. Our district isn't making leaps and bounds, but definitely progressing, so that is good. Proud of them. I am in the process of preparing a district meeting, so I'll give you some insights on that next week.  Anyways, I am trying really hard to think of something interesting or funny to tell you, but I'm not getting much! OH!!!! This week in church we were talking about commandments and I learned a couple cool things. First one is that whenever God gives a commandment, it is for ALL His children. For example, the commandments given to Adam and Eve still apply to us. Except ours is more a spiritually avoiding of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. We need to avoid the appearance of evil. Also just how parents give us rules and regulations so does God give us commandments. Sometimes we must follow to show our love, sometimes we must follow just because "He said so". But most often it is given as something to protect us and to bless us! The church is true! I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Hobson



Missionaries from my MTC District

My District

Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment