Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9-29-14


Hello!!!
 
Quote: "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do." -Voltaire
 
This week was pretty good! This week we vistited a less active that owns a pingpong club! Needless to say I was super stoked when he asked if I wanted to play. He matched me up against this like 35 year old woman and lets just say,I i didn't get creamed, but it has been awhile since I played any ping pong! It was the first good Korean I had met since I have been here. So that was nice. I got a couple of nice smashes and points on her so that is always good!

We have a couple investigators that are making some pretty good progress. Except one of them is in the hospital for another 9 weeks. Which is a blessing and a curse because he can't come to church, but we can visit him often and hopefully teach the lessons while he is in the hospital! haha Then he can do all the acting stuff afterwards! The other guy we are meeting with is super funny and I feel like he teaches me more about this gospel then I do him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and asked him what he thought and he goes, "It's super scary!". We looked at each other and were a little confused, but as I thought more about it, he is right. We really should be more scared of God and the consequences (eternal consequences) that follow if we don't make it to the celestial kingdom. But we reassured him that more than a scary plan, it was a very fair plan and that he had no need to fear as long as he did the things God asked of him. We asked about baptism and he looked at us with wide eyes and said, "I HAVE to!". So he doesn't have a date yet, but hopefully this week!

 Also this week I gave a training in district meeting about receiving answers to our prayers. I felt like it went pretty well. To give you a rough breakdown, these are the steps we need to take in order to receive answers to prayers (just my personal opinion and experience). 1. study it out (in our minds and the scriptures) 2.  pray/ask God and be willing to act 3. LISTEN (the most important! We can't claim prayer as a two way communication between God and man if he doesn't say anything) 4. To act on promptings 5.  repeat (we often miss some of God's most important information by not returning to Him and asking if there is more. He needs to tell us. I compared these steps to the famous account of Joseph Smith in JSH. I would advise looking it up and see how he exercised these steps and received an answer to his prayers. Anyways, the church is true! Grateful to be a part of it! Love you all!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment