Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9-22-14

Hello!

Quote: "Prayer is a supernal gift of our Father in Heaven to every soul. Think of it: the absolute Supreme Being, the most all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful personage, encourages you and me, as insignificant as we are, to converse with Him as our Father. Actually, because He knows how desperately we need His guidance, He commands, “Thou shalt pray vocally as well as in thy heart; yea, before the world as well as in secret, in public as well as in private.” 1
It matters not our circumstance, be we humble or arrogant, poor or rich, free or enslaved, learned or ignorant, loved or forsaken, we can address Him. We need no appointment. Our supplication can be brief or can occupy all the time needed. It can be an extended expression of love and gratitude or an urgent plea for help. He has created numberless cosmos and populated them with worlds, yet you and I can talk with Him personally, and He will ever answer." -Elder Scott
This week was pretty good! Our district has 4 baptismal dates right now and everyone seems to be working hard! Elder Hansen and our baptismal date is doing okay. He doesn't have a date anymore but we are working on him. This week I gave my first training in district meeting. I thought it went really well. I could feel the Spirit working through me. I talked about caring for others and praying for others. I talked about how if Christ would have prayed for himself, then the Atonement could not have been done. Had he stopped at, "If it be possible, let this cup pass from me."... then we would not have this eternal gift. But because he continued and submitted his will to God's, the greatest miracle of all time and history was accomplished. "Nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Other than that we have just been working hard. We have some good potential ahead. Also one adventure of this week was we literally spent 3 and 1/2 hours looking for one of our investigators houses! Kind of frustrating, but we eventually found it so I suppose that was a miracle! Anyways, the work is going good! The Church is true! Love you all!!!
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment