Wednesday, October 1, 2014

8-11-14


Hello from Korea!!!
 
Quote: "Therefore, that we should waste and wear‍ out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things‍ of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven" D & C 123:13
 
It is weird to hear about everyone on missions! But also super cool to hear about everyone fulfilling their different parts of sharing the gospel in their respective regions of this Earth. Got to love the gospel! This week was good. The sun came out twice this week!!! haha I don't know why but the sun just doesn't come out everyday in this area like it did in my others. So everytime I wake up to a bright ray of sun I immediately thank God for it. Sometimes I think we take the little things for granted. I know I do anyways.
So Unfortunately we found out that one of our investigators has dementia. So that was sad, but it answered a lot of our questions, prayers, and confusion about what we were/are supposed to do with him and how we are supposed to teach him. One of our other investigators is so close to just breaking through his issues and being ready for baptism. But He LOVES going to his other church. But just like the scriptures say... he is so wrapped up in the social aspect and the worldy aspect of the other church that he is missing the point of why we come to church. Our church isn't a social unit, it's a saving unit (Elder Kim used to remind me of that a lot!). So if we can get him to truly realize that there is a reason our church is different from all the other ones, then I could see him getting baptized.
As for other stuff. I feel like I have an internal battle with myself everyday to work harder. I am seriously trying so much harder than the past. Not that I haven't been working hard throughout my mission, but I think I just found a different level. It is hard but also fulfulling to push myself even harder everyday. I want to be the best I can be for the Lord. What is interesting is that as I have done this, Satan has worked harder to convince me that "it's not worth it to work hard" or that "there is no point" in working this hard. But I feel it now and have felt it ever since I came to this country that Korea is just waiting to explode with the gospel! There have been so many steps taken in the Lord's plan for Korea and I just feel like this land and this people are getting so much closer. But as we know, as the spirituality increases, so does the wickedness. So I am working to be the best I can be to be on the front lines of the spiritual side. I want Satan to feel like he has to focus his efforts on me. Anyways, the church is true! I am so glad that I can be a missionary and am happy when I proclaim this gospel. Love you all!

-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment