Wednesday, October 1, 2014

7-14-14


Hello!
 
Quote: "... walk in wisdom's paths" Helaman 12:5
 
Well to start off, this week in my studies I was able to read Elder Ballard's talk from last general conference. As I am saying that you all immediately are thinking back to what he talked about right? Well who remembers?!? Yep... "Follow up"! Well here I am giving you all some follow up from Elder Ballard's commitments. Obtained a copy of Preach My Gospel yet? Are you studying it personally and with your family? I know it doesn't seem like the most important of things that we could do with our time, but something I know is that Preach My Gospel helps with missionary opportunities. If you want more opportunities to share the gospel, study Preach My Gospel. It will help you share the gospel more simply and will make you more aware of opportunities to share the gospel. Anyways, just thought I'd help Elder Ballard out there...:)

As for this week. Last Pday I went shopping and found myself a nice ping pong paddle for only 23$! It would have probably been about a 65$ paddle in America. Then this Pday I went with Elder Carpenter and trained (did) Parkour with him and a couple other of his professional athlete buddies who are in Korea. Also while street contacting this week Elder Van Orden and I saw a guy on his bike get hit by a taxi. It was super scary and sad, but everything seemed to be okay and the guy only hurt his leg we think. So that was good. It was definitely a shock though!

In terms of missionary work, our most progressing investigator right now is this 19 year old kid that we are meeting with. He is kind of shy and at first it just seemed like he was doing what we asked because we were older (that is Korean culture), but we think he has sincere desire. He is getting more comfortable with us and this week he just straight up opened up to us and told us about a smoking and drinking addiction that he has had since he was in middle school. So we talked about the Word of Wisdom and we also committed him to be baptized. He said he wasn't sure he was ready yet to be baptized but said he would think about it. We will keep working with him and inviting him to be baptized. We are excited for him. He is trying and starting to make some big changes in his life. Other than that, not a ton has been happening. We get transfer calls this week. Hope all is well with you guys! The church is true!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment