Sunday, April 6, 2014

4-6-14

Hello!!!
 
Motto for this week: "Fear not to do good." D&C 6:33
 
Happy General Conference everyone! I have heard a lot about it and everyone asks, so I will just tell you that I will watch it next week in English!:) Also Happy Birthday To Christ yesterday (the 6th... whatever time frame you are on right now). This week was really good, as always! Elder Kim and I are doing great.  I wasn't feeling very well, but I have kind of just been pushing through. I should be feeling 100% again by next week, so nothing to worry about. To start off, Elder Kim and I decided to prank our district for April Fool's day! Our prank was that we texted everyone and told them that the AP's had just called us and that our district was getting I pads that day! We told everyone that they needed to meet at the church at 5:30. Well of course, most everyone caught on pretty quick, but we were able to play one group of sisters in our district. After messing with them for awhile we decided to text them and tell them April Fools, but they didn't see it and they ended up going all the way to the church... haha whoops!;) We felt bad, but man it was funny. Poor sisters. They were good sports about it anyways. After telling me that they hated me and that they would never forgive me, they got over it pretty fast! haha APRIL FOOLS! Anyway...
This week on the street, Elder Kim and I sat down to take an ice cream break.  I sat down and said hello to this guy and he immediately went off on me in Korean. Elder Kim and I just kind of looked at each other and we knew that we were both thinking, "Oh no, this guy is insane." The guy went on to ask me if I was from the Mormon Church and then out of no where he said, "Would you die for Christ?". At first I wasn't sure if I understood him correctly, but then he asked again and when I had confirmed his question I immediately (almost instinctively) said, "Yes! of course!". He sat there for a second and said, "Oh, really?". Needless to say, this guy was a little taken back, but we bid him a good day and finally got him to stop lecturing me in Korean that I couldn't understand! haha Good experience! You never know when you will be called to die for Christ!
This week Elder Kim and I were able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators who is a member referral. He is 92 (91 US age) and struggles to focus during lessons, so we draw him pictures that he can follow while we teach him. It has really helped as we do this. That way when he is back at home, he can review what we talked about that day. His date is for April 19th. We still have lessons 3 and 4 to teach and he needs interviewed so I was a little worried about getting things done. But Elder Kim just turned to me and said, "Hey you tell me this all the time, the Lord will work things out for us as we turn to him and try our best." Thanks for the reminder Elder Kim! (He is good at keeping me humble). We are really excited for this and it is going to be a busy couple of weeks.  I also saw one of the biggest miracles I have seen yet on my mission. We were meeting with one of our new investigators. He is 19 and is really cool and seems to except everything we teach him really well. While we were teaching him a recent convert who we were eating dinner with that night showed up at the church and knocked on the door where we were teaching the lesson. Our investigator looks at us and says, "How do you know him?".  We were of course very confused. Turned out that they knew each other!!! So we all went to dinner together that night and then the two of them went to a PC 방 (a gaming center) and hung out. Super cool! He now has a fellow shipper in the ward and we plan to set a firm baptismal date with him next week! We feel very blessed! What a great week.  The Lord's work will go forth nobly and boldly! So grateful to be here! The church is true!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment