Sunday, April 6, 2014

2-16-14

Anyanghasaeyo!
 
I will apologize up front that this week wasn't too exciting. We didn't have too much going on. However, Elder Kim's Birthday was on the 15th! Whooo! Koreans don't celebrate birthdays like we do and they aren't a very big deal so he thought we all were a little weird for freaking out so much! haha But anyway, on his Birthday we woke up and sang to him and I of course gave him a donut. Then I got him a little notebook that he said he wanted/ needed. Then we just had a pretty normal day and then that night at FHE we had the Ward sing to him and we brought out a cake and it was a swell time!
I guess the miracle of this week is that I was able to go on a short exchange, Elder Kim had to do something, with our Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Bennet and it was kind of an answer to my prayers of how I could improve. His proselyting tactic got some new ideas flowing for me and that night when Elder Kim and I went out to contact, we had the best success we have had yet. We are still waiting for a new investigator and so far we have had like 6 appointments fall through, but we are doing our best and working hard. Sometimes I want to complain and be sad or upset. But I can feel God's hand in our work, so I know I have no reason to do that. Everything is on his timetable and he will bless us with people to teach as we keep our faith strong in him. Blessings come after the trail of our faith and after the hard work!
In my personal study this week I read in 2 Nephi 32 and 33. I particularly like when it talks about the Holy Ghost and how when we speak with the Holy Ghost, we are speaking with the tongue of angels. Kind of a cool thought. I'm grateful for the scriptures and for the blessings I receive in my life each day.  I'm grateful for trails that make us stronger. This church is true and I know it. Have a good week everyone! Love you all!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment