Sunday, March 9, 2014

12-30-13


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone!
This week was great! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers that have gone out on my behalf and for the people of Korea. We can feel the support of church members everywhere here in Korea. This week was a lot of fun. On Tuesday we had our ward Christmas party! We ate dinner and had a talent show and then the missionaries gave a spiritual thought. It was a fun night and we did a dance type of thing to a song. I don't think I can send the video but if I can send the picture of our outfits I definitely will!
Then on Wednesday we had Christmas!!! We woke up a little early as a house and I read everyone Luke chapter 2 and explained to them the Christmas Orange story. Luckily our ward had given us a case of oranges the week before so everyone in our house got an orange in their stocking from Santa;) haha. Then after opening presents and having a good time together, we got ready and went into Seoul for a mission Christmas Conference. We had a spiritual portion in the morning and I would recommend each of you to look up "the Westjet airline" on Youtube. What a great way to spread the true meaning of Christmas... SERVE! Then after that we ate lunch and had a talent show and then went back home where my district got together and ate some Steak at a restaurant!
On Thursday I got to call home and talk to my family. So grateful for the technology to do that. It was nice hearing from everyone and seeing that things were going well!
On Thursday night we met with an Korean born American who went to college in Pennslyvania and is here for a couple weeks visiting his parents. He was super cool and had lots of questions that we were able to answer. He goes back to America soon so we won't be able to teach him much more, but he wants to take us into Seoul next P-Day and visit the palaces and stuff! We will see what happens. Super nice kid. I hope he can connect with missionaries in America!
And probably the miracle of the week is that we were able to set a baptismal date with 양시우! He is the younger brother of the kid we already have a date with. He had been meeting with us kind of sparatically, but recently he has really been gaining more interest and has been meeting us with his older brother. They both have a baptismal date for January 11th! Praying for them and their progression! We have about 2 more lessons to teach them and I think we should be able to do that. Also we met all but 1 of our weekly goals this week so we were happy with that. 
Yesterday I wasn't feeling super good and I got to church and was forced to sing in sacrament meeting with some other missionaries. It was .... hmmmm... interesting;) haha. I am feeling a little bit better today though. I have a tiny bit of a scratchy throat but I am doing better today. I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years Eve/New Years! I haven't forgot about the challenge I extended when I left for my mission. I hope you all were able to read the Book of Mormon and even if you weren't able to finish I know that any effort you made and are still making will bless you in God's eyes! I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of this church. I know the Book of Mormon is true and because I know that, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he really did see God and Jesus Christ and he really did restore Christ's true church and authority again on the Earth. So grateful for those events! the chruch is true! i love you all! HOORAH! GO BRONCOS!

-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment