Sunday, March 9, 2014

12-23-13


Merry Christmas!!!
 
This week was great! We had transfers and I got a new companion! His name is Elder Hollingshaus. He is a big boy and he looks a lot like a mixture between Joe Nelson and Mason Bilger. But he is super cool. He is from SLC (figures...haha) and he is 19. He is in his 4th transfer and I am in my 3rd. So we are both pretty young in the mission. We are living it up though and just going super hard. He is a funny kid and easy to get along with. Grateful to be serving with him.
This week we had a really cool miracle. I was showing Elder Hollingshaus around our area the first day we were together and we were on our way back home to our house. We were about 2.5 miles away from our house. So we started walking and noticed a guy who ran across a red light crosswalk to follow us. He was on his phone and we didn't thing much of it. We just thought he was in a hurry somewhere. He then proceded to follow us for about 2 miles towards our house when I finally stopped and asked him if we could help him. He was still on the phone and he said, "I have some questions and am following you. Keep walking." So we told him that we would wait for him to finish his phone call. When he finally finished we talked to him. Turns out he is a recent convert who got baptized in October in the Taechjon Mission. He lives in our area but goes to college down in Taechjon. He said he had been praying to meet missionaries in Ill San and then when he saw us he had to follow us even though he was busy with an importnant phone call. It was really cool. We met with him a couple times this week and his Mom doesn't like his decision to meet missionaries and come to our church. She doesn't like "the Mormons". So we are working with him to help his parents and maybe we will be able to start meeting with them too. Praying hard! He goes back to college in March. Anyway, super cool kid and is an example to me in the gospel!
Other than that our week was great. I can feel myself slowly, slowly, slowly progressing in Korean! Not good yet, but I am getting there. I know this church is true! We have a Christmas conference on Wednesday and so that should be super fun! I hear our mission might get smartphones or ipads!!! We will see. Electronic area book here we come! Anyway, this church is true and I am so glad to be serving a mission during this Christmas season. Let us all remember Christ this year. Merry Christmas! The church is true! HOORAH! GO BRONCOS!
 
-Elder Hobson 

No comments:

Post a Comment