Sunday, February 9, 2014

12-15-13


안 냥 하 세 요 !
 
LET IT SNOW! Well it snowed hard here this week. We got probably about 4 or 5 inches one afternoon. I will send pictures. It is super pretty though and I really like it. However, now it is just all packed down and icy all over the roads and sidewalks.  I also got a haircut this week. Even shorter than the last one. It was hard to get a picture that really shows what I actually look like, but I will send some anyways. We just buzzed it, with a 12mm. haha... yikes;). But it will grow back soon!
This week we also got transfer calls! I will be staying in 일 산  and Elder Fonnesbeck will be going to an area to the East of Seoul. He will be Zone Leader out there. He has been in our area for 7 months, so it was kind of his time to go. This will be our last P-day together. My new companion will be Elder Hollingshause (spelling?). He is one transfer above me and everyone I have talked to says that his Korean isn't very good, so we will see how that goes. However, everyone I have talked to says he is super funny and always happy and that I will really like him and that we will get along. SO that is a plus! I'm excited! I will be showing him around our area and introducing him to our investigators.
Speaking of investigators, yesterday we were able to set a baptismal date with a 17 year old guy named Yeong Shi Eon. His Mom just got baptized in May and so we have started teaching him and were able to set a baptismal date for January 11th. I am super excited for him. He is a super awesome kid and I hope that his baptism goes through. I will be praying hard. That was definitely the miracle of this week.
Other than that, we are doing well. I am loving Korea and loving the work. I know that this church is true. Everytime I teach a principle of the gospel it's truth is confirmed to me once again. So grateful to be apart of this gospel and to be serving the Lord. I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! Remember Christ.
Oh, I also passed off the mid-way section of our pass-off program here in the mission. It is basically just a program that helps you progress in the language. I have been working on that for about a month so it was nice to be able to get that done and move on to the next step of the program! Anyways, the church is true! HOORAH! GO BRONCOS!
 
-Elder Hobson 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment