Sunday, March 9, 2014

1-20-14


Hello!!!
 
This week was good as usual! The Lord is always blessing us. Last P-Day we went ice skating in Seoul. That was fun, but it just reminded me how bad I am at ice skating! This Sunday one of the young men that I baptized was able to pass the sacrament! That was a super cool feeling/experience! I kind of felt like a father watching his son do it for the first time! So cool! This week we also had another baptism in our area! It was a young woman that the Sisters taught! It was a very spiritual experience. We found it interesting these last two weeks that the 3 people that got baptized all said they felt exhausted the night of their baptism. I also felt exhausted the day of the two baptisms as well. I guess it just goes to show that there is so much more out there for us to become and that when we get a piece of that strong spirit, we aren't used to the overwhelming power and comfort we feel. We get tired as humans. I thought that was interesting and I hope I explained what I was trying to say.  Unfortunately the other 4 baptismal dates in our district all fell through within like 10 hours.  (It just goes to show how hard Satan is working on the hearts of people everywhere!)  He helps people feel success in the world and feel that they don't need the church. It is sad to watch people decide that they don't want what they had previously felt, but "no unhallowed hand" can stop the work! God's gospel will go on and I am excited to be on the front lines for him!

Probably the miracle of this week is a foreigner that I met. Most foreigners in Korea are super rude and don't like talking to us, but I saw this guy and felt like I should at least try and give him the chance. Afterall, I have been called to preach the gospel unto everyone! So I started talking to him and he was actually a really cool guy! He is an engineer right now in Korea and attends a Christian church. He asked what made our church different, so I told him about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon! I am not sure he fully got everything I was trying to convey to him, but at the end of the contact he told me how happy he was that we met and how cool it was to talk to someone on a deeper level. He said that he feels so good talking about that stuff (the Holy Ghost). Then he just got so excited and so pumped that he asked if he could give me a hug. Then we set up an appointment for next week and said our goodbyes. What a blessing to meet this man. He is prepared on some level. I don't know if he will receive baptism, but I met him for a reason, this I know! The work is going super good! The church is true. I love this gospel and I know that our Heavenly Father lives and loves us.
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment