Sunday, December 8, 2013

10-27-13

Hello!
 
First off, Happy Halloween to all. I hope it is a good one!:)
This week has been pretty great. To start off, last Monday night we were on our way home and a guy stopped us and took us out to dinner. He was the miracle of the week because he is just a guy that we met once before and he noticed us and came up and wanted to take us out. He is a very nice man! Anyway, we thought he was just going to take us to get a small snack because it was late and we had to be home. However, he took us to a really nice restaurant and bought us each like a 10$ meal. Well needless to say, we started eating and looked down and realized we were going to be late going home. So we finally got out of that appointment with him and we both look at each other (Elder Fonnesbeck and I) and decided that we needed to run home. So we were probably about 2.5 miles away from home and had just eaten about a pound of food, and had church shoes, a backpack, and a suit jacket on and we started running. We made it back just barely in time but I have never felt so sick from running in my life. We ran about a 40 minute walk in 12 minutes. I thought I would puke! Its a miracle I didn't. We got home and just collapsed and decided its something we never wanted to do again;) haha.
In other news this week. I went to my fist meat buffet in Korea! This place was AMAZING! Probably one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. It was my Zone Leaders (Not Elder Fonnesbeck, the other one) 1 year mark in the country and so our whole district went out to celebrate. The way this buffet works is that you have a grill at each table and you go up and just take as much of whatever kind of raw meat you want and cook it right there. It was amazing and if you ever come to Korea I highly recommend it!  Needless to say, I might have broken the Word of Wisdom I ate so much meat that night;)
On Saturday I played in my first every Soccer game! (And I was reminded that I still don't like soccer very much haha... no sport should ever end in a tie;)). Twice a year our stake puts on a soccer tournament for the young men. It is like Mo-ball in America but it is soccer. Anyway, that was really fun and it was exciting to see so many Korean members all come together. There are about 85,000 members in Korea but only about 5000 or so are active. It was a site that you don't see every day. I played goalie... the only position I could ever stand playing if I played soccer.
Yesterday night Elder Fonnesbeck and I were out on a bench making calls when a missionary from a different church came and gave us a flyer for an Orchestra concert that they were putting on that night. The songs they were doing all looked really cool (Disney, Les Mis, ect...). So we debated it for awhile and then finally called and asked President if we could go. He said yes and so we were very happy. We went out and had a great time last night. It reminded me of Hymns of Thanksgiving in Idaho. It also reminded me that even though we all don't share the same beliefs, we are all still children of God and are all just trying to live our lives the best that we can. It was an interesting and fun experience.
I guess that's all for now. I'll get the Broncos back in gear when I come back to America;) The church is true! HOORAH! GO BRONCOS!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment