Sunday, August 2, 2015

8-2-15 final letter

Hello,


Quote: "12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not here to find it— 13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven— 14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness. 15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things. 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept work ways with the wind and the waves. 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." Doctrine and Covenants 123:12-17

What a CRAZY last week! It was pretty good. Full of miracles, "lasts", and all sorts of other good stuff. Where to begin?!?ㅋㅋ Elder Gildea and I decided at the beginning of this transfer that we wanted to break my record of street contacting. We set it as a transfer goal and this week we decided to go for it. My previous high was 365 and we set our goal for 400! So this was it the 400 street contact week. Then one night as I was lying down for bed, I started thinking, why not just go crazy hard and hand out a ton of Book of Mormons and pamphlets and just give literally every last ounce of energy I have left to the Lord? So we woke up in the morning and during companionship study, our 400 contact week turned into an operation of kicking Satan in the bum! We went to the church and contacted the mission office to get our hands on as much material as possible! We went super hard and saw a lot of cool miracles from it. We met one guy who we picked up as a new investigator and he has a baptismal date (all just in this week). Although numbers don't mean everything or anything really, it was cool to see the figures and visualize just how many people we were able to give an opportunity to hear the gospel to. We were able to do 423 contacts, 359 pamphlets, 109 phone numbers, 55 Books of Mormon, 35 other lessons, and 3 new baptismal dates. This week was also officially my two year mark. THAT is a crazy thought. Lots of love from members and investigators this last transfer. I'm super grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in this area for my last transfer. I loved it and was able to see a TON of cool miracles with people. Kind of crazy to think that my mission is ending. I have loved being a missionary and the things that I have learned. So grateful for this experience and for my Heavenly Father, He loves us. My testimony has grown a ton and I am ready to go on to the next chapter in my life. Love and miss you all! See you soon! HOORAH! GO BRONCOS! The church is true!

-Elder Hobosn

No comments:

Post a Comment