Thursday, May 28, 2015

1-12-15

안녕하세요!

Quote:"We are children of Almighty God. He is our Father, He loves us, and He has plan for us. We are not here in this life just to waste our time, grow old, and die. God wants uto grow and achieve our potential." -Elder Carlos A. Godoy

"Choose to converse with your Father in Heaven often. Make time every day to share your thoughts and feelings with Him.Tell Him everything that concerns you. He is interested in the most important as well as the most mundane facets of your life. Share with Him your fulrange of feelings and experiences." -Elder Richard G. Scott

"Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media." Elder Richard G. Scott

I found a few good quotes that I wanted to share and couldn't choose, so I just put them all on there! Well!!!!! What a week! I said all my goodbyes in Gilum and had a few good member meals to send me off there. Not to mention we got to go to the temple this week! Then I was off on my way to Sang Gae, First week as a zone leader. I am really liking it up here so far! My companion is Elder Killpack from Draper, Utah (Yup, another Utahan. I am starting to get used to it though;)). It'll be nice to have some hook ups in Utah for after the mission! He is 20 right now and is one transfer older than me in the mission. He has two older brothers and one older sister. Also two younger sisters. Yep, that is about all I have got so far. We have been pretty busy hitting the streets so we haven't talked a ton about random stuff like that. He goes sooooooo hard. It is kind of cool. At first I was a little taken back, but as I embraced it things started going a lot better. I think he will be really good for me. I live in a 6 man house again so it is decently sized. The lights in our room don't work, so we are just using the window light and some desks lights for now. I am still in Seoul and apparently the area I am in right now is one of the most highly populated areas in Asia! So that is pretty fun! We live in a pretty ghetto part of town, but it makes to meet a lot of drunk men and interesting people with interesting stories! haha The people here just seem nicer for some reason. Maybe because it is a poorer area, I don't know. But the ward is super nice! Pretty big and they all welcomed me really well. I like our ward mission leader and I just felt very welcome when I came here. That was pretty nice. We have 4 baptismal dates but one is a little unsure and 2 we will probably drop, but one of them is looking pretty solid right now. It is a 20 year old kid who is really nice and understands really well when we teach him, we are just trying to make sure he is getting baptized for the right reasons. His date is February 1st, but we will probably push it back a little bit. Our zone is ginormous! Biggest in the mission. I think I will really enjoy being a zone leader here. Our zone includes the military base up north too so I will get a chance to go up there every so often! Things are going well! I am excited to be here and am excited for this transfer! Love and am praying for you all! Hope everyone has a great week! The Church is true!

-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment