Sunday, April 6, 2014

3-23-14

Hello!!!
 
This week has been pretty good! We were able to set a baptismal date with our Pakistanian investigator! It is set for April 19th. At this point I am not sure that it will go through, but we at least got something to shoot for. We are unsure if he really wants to know if our church is true, or if he just wants to learn about us. So next time we meet, we will talk about praying and receiving answers to prayers and stuff like that. He has lots of good questions though and he even asked one about prophets that took me a few personal studies to find the answer to, but I think we finally have a good way to explain his problem to him and are ready to address that and move forward! That was definitely a big miracle!
In other news we got some new missionaries in our district. One new guy in our house. His name is Elder Carpenter and does professional ParKour! (You should look him up on youtube... Jeremy Carpenter). So that is cool and I think our house will be great.
We received a member referral this week from our High Priest Group leader. He introduced us to his 92 year old father-in-law! He is a super cute old man and seems like he will be baptized. The only problem we see is that he is kind of old and senile and forgets things and likes to talk a lot. So teaching him might be a struggle. It also doesn't help that old people are EXTREMELY hard to understand in Korean (and to add to it, he has dentures that fall out while he speaks!!! haha). Anyways, grateful for that. The last member referral I received got baptized... so we will see what happens!
On Saturday we had a soccer activity with our ward. I was of course goalie again because I can't do anything else, haha. It was just a reminder to me of how much I dislike soccer;).  I'm still just a little sore from actually having to use my body for active things again. That same day we had a service project for some people in our ward. We replaced the wallpaper in their house. It took a very long time and a lot of effort, but it was cool to see everyone come together and help out with everything! There are power in numbers and power in members! The Church is true! I am so grateful to be out here serving the Lord! I wouldn't trade this time for anything!
 
-Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment